Recognised as one of the finest woodland gardens in the country The Savill Garden is a hidden gem in the heart of Windsor Great Park. Commissioned by George V, the Garden was created in 1932 by Eric Savill and, under the careful guidance of the Keeper of the Gardens and team of horticulturists – it is as majestic today as it was then.
With seasonal displays in beautifully themed landscaped areas, groups can wander its paths, gaze at the magnificent trees, and admire its abundant variety of flowers and rare plants.
You will be connecting with decades of Royal history – from the original weeping willow tree, to the most recent addition – the magnificent Rose Garden opened by Queen Elizabeth II in July 2010
Group benefits (10+ visitors)
We want to make your visit as relaxed as The Savill Garden itself, so we have put together some amazing group benefits for our visitors, and, whether you are travelling by coach or by other means of transport, we look forward to welcoming you for a special and memorable day out.
Benefits for group and coach visitors*
- A dedicated group coordinator
- FREE familiarisation visit for the group organiser
- Discounted ticket rates (see below)
- FREE ticket for the group organiser
- FREE on-site coach park (with paid visits to the Garden)
- FREE car parking (with paid visits to the Garden)
- Meet & Greet from a member of our team
- FREE coach driver admission on the day of the visit
- FREE Garden map for all group visitors including accessible route/s
*Maximum two (2) free tickets for familiarisation visit to The Savill Garden. Free ticket for group organiser is available for the 11th person in the group when visiting the Garden only. Coach and car parking is free with your paid ticket to the Garden otherwise charges will apply. Coach parking must be booked in advance. Groups arriving by car must arrive together.
Group visitor packages
Make the most of your group day out and take advantage of a wide choice of group packages.
The Savill Garden guided tours
Get the most out of your visit to The Savill Garden and enjoy a tour led by an expert Friend guide.
The Royal Heritage Tour & The Savill Garden
Enjoy the unique national and natural heritage of Windsor Great Park when visiting The Savill Garden.
The Savill Garden & River Boat Cruise
Enjoy a full group day out combining a visit to The Savill Garden with a return boat trip from historic Runnymede along the River Thames.
Windsor Castle & The Savill Garden
What better way to enjoy Windsor than a visit to Windsor Castle and The Savill Garden.
Group dining in The Savill Garden Kitchen
There’s nothing better after a stroll through The Savill Garden than a slice of cake or a tasty hot dish. Take a look at our pre-booked hot menu or traditional cream tea.
Group prices and booking information
We would recommend that you allow at least 2-3 hours to experience the Garden. Make the most of your visit to The Savill garden and Windsor. Take a look at the group visitor packages above which include:
- Guided tours of The Savill Garden and The Valley Gardens
- The Royal Heritage Tour & The Savill Garden
- The Savill Garden & River Boat Cruise
- Windsor Castle & The Savill Garden
The Savill Garden group entry prices
|Children (5-16 years)||£6.50|
|Blue Badge Guides||Free|
- Minimum group size is ten (10). Free ticket for the group leader is available for the 11th person when visiting the Garden only
- Children and toddlers must be accompanied by an adult
Payment across the Estate is by debit or credit card only.
The coach park is directly in front of The Savill garden Visitor Centre. Coaches must be booked in advance and parking is free with your paid visit to The Savill Garden otherwise there is a £50 daily charge.
Car parking is free in The Savill Garden car park with paid entry to The Savill Garden. As you enter the car park, please collect a car park ticket. After visiting please ask a team member to validate your car park ticket so that you do not have to pay for parking on exit.
If you have not visited The Savill Garden before, please familiarise yourself with our Garden entry rules. The following items cannot be taken in to the Garden:
- Pets or animals of any nature except registered support dogs and emotional assistance dogs. (For emotional assistance dogs you will need to present a letter from your GP at the time of your visit)
- Musical instruments and sound systems
- Picnics – including drinks and food in disposable wrappers
- Balls, frisbees, balloons or any other similar item
- Scooters, bikes, roller skates and other forms of personal transport (excluding those for disabled visitor access such as wheelchairs and personal mobility vehicles)