Cycling in Windsor Great Park
The Windsor Great Park map & guide shows the permitted cycling routes in Windsor Great Park.
Cycling is not permitted in the following areas, pushed or otherwise:
- The Long Walk
- The Deer Park
- The Valley Gardens
- The south side of Virginia Water Lake
Please observe the signs throughout Windsor Great Park.
While we ask that cyclists stay on the permitted routes, children under five (5) years (accompanied by an adult) can ride cycles and scooters in the following locations:
- The Deer Park
- Virginia Water Lake
E-scooters, hoverboards and similar
For reasons of safety and traffic management, we do not allow motorised transport within the Park. Aside from cyclists, the roads are reserved for residents and Estate workers.
All other forms of motorised transport are not permitted within Windsor Great Park. Examples include:
As with all visitors, we ask cyclists to stay aware of their surroundings and treat others with respect.
- When cycling in places where sharing with pedestrians, horse riders or horse drawn carriages is permitted, please take extra care and be prepared to slow down or stop
- Let them know you are there; for example, by ringing your bell (it is recommended that a bell is fitted to your bike), or by calling out politely. Remember that pedestrians may be deaf or hard of hearing, blind or partially sighted and it may not be obvious that you are approaching them
- You should not pass a horse on their left or at speed, particularly from behind. Remember that horses can be startled if passed without warning
- Only cycle on designated roads
- Please do not cycle in groups of more than six (6)
Windsor Great Park can get very busy, especially during special events. Whenever you visit, you’ll be sharing our roads with Estate workers, residents and other visitors.
These useful links will help you to plan your visit to Windsor Great Park.
Park map & guide
View and download our Park map & guide to help you make the most of your visit to Windsor Great Park.
As an operational Estate, it is sometimes necessary to close parts of Windsor Great Park. Please check visitor updates below before you travel.
Find out more about parking and charges at Windsor Great Park.
Food & drink
From tasty bacon rolls to exquisite freshly baked pastries – you’ll find a variety of seasonal options throughout Windsor Great Park.