With approximately 6,400 hectares (15,800 acres) of varied scenic locations, and a film-friendly approach, Windsor Great Park and Forest has become a popular location for commercial filming and photo shoots.
We offer a variety of external locations across the Windsor Estate, including Windsor Great Park, Swinley Forest and Buttersteep Forest. Our team has worked on a variety of projects over the years – ranging from photo shoots and commercials to television dramas and motion pictures.
Just an hour’s drive from central London, Windsor Great Park also offers:
- A choice of landscapes, including lakes, formal gardens, ancient deciduous woodland and wild evergreen forests
- Access to dramatic interior spaces within Windsor Great Park, including classic drawing rooms and grand staircases
- A network of private roads and bridges
- Convenient access to the film studios at Pinewood, Shepperton, Leavesden and Longcross
- Good unit base options included with the location fees
- Large public car parks available for partial private hire as unit bases
- Hire of rural equipment
- Established relationships with local farmers
- Private and discreet locations with good access control
Productions that have filmed in the Park include:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part One and Two
- Snow White and The Huntsman
- Cinderella – Sir Kenneth Branagh reflects on filming in Windsor Great Park
- Into The Woods – Rob Marshall looks back at his film locations within Windsor Great Park
- King of Thieves
- Christopher Robin
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- Goodbye Christopher Robin
- Bridget Jones’s Baby
- The Huntsman: Winter’s War
- Black Mirror
- The Wrong Mans
- Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa
- World War Z
- Midsomer Murders
- Miss Marple
Location fees will depend on your specific requirements, but we take care to quote fairly and competitively.
Location fees vary depending on your specific requirements. Please be assured that we constantly monitor industry rates to enable us to quote fairly and competitively.
Filming and photography with a drone/s is not permitted in Windsor Great Park and on the wider Estate unless permission has been granted. If the use of drones is required please highlight this when you submit your initial enquiry.